Calvinism makes God to be the author of sin, if the calvinist would like to be consistent with his own doctrines. Some in fact do try to be consistent and claim that the most hideous deeds you could ever think of are still predestined by God because “nothing happens against the will of God”. To be consistent they must also believe that 1 month old babies can sin, and even unborn babies!
Thanks to Jesse Morell for the below
Calvinism grieves my heart and it disturbs me to see so many Calvinistic posts on Facebook and Calvinistic materials and preachers being so popular in our day. Scriptural problems I have with Calvinism:
1. Calvinism says that God decreed all sin when the Bible says sin breaks the heart of God and wills holiness and obedience from His subjects.
2. Calvinism says that men are under the wrath of God for the sin of Adam when the Bible says that the son does not bear the iniquity of the father and we will all give an account for our own deeds.
3. Calvinism says that man’s free will was lost by Adam’s original sin when the Bible never says this but instead continues to appeal to man’s free moral agency after Adam’s fall.
4. Calvinism says that all men inherit a sinful nature from Adam when the Bible never even says that Adam’s nature was sinful but instead asserts that God forms our nature in the womb.
5. Calvinism says that all events are the eternal will of God when the Bible represents God as grieved, disappointed, and surprised over many events that have occurred.
6. Calvinism says that God has irresistibly decreed all events from eternity past, when the Bible says that God has canceled and reversed some of His own prophecies and teaches that the future is not yet entirely fixed and settled.
7. Calvinism says that God has given man a moral law which He is incapable of keeping when the Bible says that God is just, never allows us to be tempted above our ability, and only obligates us to love Him with all of our ability.
8. Calvinism says that Jesus Christ came and took our punishment when the Bible says that our punishment is eternal hell.
9. Calvinism says that Jesus Christ came and paid our debt when the Bible says that God forgives us our debt.
10. Calvinism says that Jesus Christ took the punishment of our sins when the Bible says that God forgives us our sins.
11. Calvinism says that Jesus Christ came and took the wrath of God when the Bible says that God still has wrath after the atonement, that sinners are not saved from God’s wrath until conversion, that the atonement was instead a justification of His mercy, and that believers who return to their sins return to the wrath of God.
12. Calvinism says that Jesus Christ became sinful and guilty on the cross when the Bible says He died the just for the unjust and offered Himself without spot or blemish to God.
13. Calvinism says that those for whom Christ died can never perish when the Bible warns that those for whom Christ died can perish.
14. Calvinism says that Christ only died for a few elect when the Bible says that Jesus died for the world and all men.
15. Calvinism says that God wants most sinners to remain in their sins and die and go to hell, to somehow glorify His justice, when the Bible says God wants all men to repent and be saved.
16. Calvinism says that men cannot repent and believe when the Bible commands men to repent and believe and blames them if they do not.
17. Calvinism says that men cannot repent and believe because they are born spiritually dead because of Adam when the Bible says that men are dead or alienated from God because of their own trespasses and sins and says the prodigal son was able to return to the father even though he was dead to the father.
18. Calvinism says that God predestined individuals for heaven or hell when the Bible says that God has chosen to offer salvation to the Jews and the Gentiles, grafting in some and cutting off others based upon their faith or unbelief.
19. Calvinism says that God predestined some for Heaven and most for hell according to the pleasure of His will, when the Bible says that God sent Jesus to die for all, commands all men to repent and believe, is drawing all men unto Himself, is not willing that any should perish, and takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked.
20. Calvinism says that the righteousness of Christ is imputed to believers when the Bible says that our faith is imputed as righteousness.
21. Calvinism says that God doesn’t see believers if they sin, but see’s imputed righteousness instead, when the Bible says God is omniscient and nothing is hide from His eyes.
22. Calvinism says that true believers will persevere unto the end when the Bible exhorts believers to persevere, warns of damnation if they do not, and speaks of some who have departed from the faith.
My list can go on and on but these are just some of the major points.
Do read this article how calvinism can creep into our church unnoticed
WATER BAPTISM, DO INFANTS QUALIFY?
Are infants proper candidates for baptism? Do babies meet the requirements to be baptized? The short answer is no.
Acts 8:26-40 ….36 As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized? 37 [And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”]
Unlike the Ethiopian eunuch; babies cannot believe with all their heart. Infants cannot make the confession, that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of God. Babies do meet the requirements for water baptism.
DAY OF PENTECOST
Acts 2:22-37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”
There were no infants baptized on the Day of Pentecost. Why not?
1. They could not believe in Jesus the Nazarene.
2. Infants could not believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.
3. Babies could not realize that God made Jesus both Lord and Christ.
4. Infants could not be pierced to the heart, nor could they ask, ” Brethren, what shall we do?”
Acts 2:38 Peter said to them,”Repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Infants do not need to repent; because they have no sin to repent from. Repentance means to turn from sin and turn toward God. Infants are not candidates for water baptism.
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
There were no infants added to the church that day. Why not? Because babies could not receive Peter’s word. Infants are not capable of understanding the gospel. Infants are not qualified to be baptized in water.
THE JAILER AND HIS HOUSEHOLD SAVED
Acts 16:31-34 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household…..33…..and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. 34 ….having believed in God with his whole household.
The jailer and his whole household believed before they were baptized. There were no babies baptized. Infants are not capable of believing. Infants are not qualified to be baptized.
THERE IS NO BIBLICAL RECORD OF ANY CHRISTIAN THAT WAS BAPTIZED BEFORE THEY BELIEVED.
INFANTS CANNOT BELIEVE THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST. THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO BE IMMERSED IN WATER.
Wow! I’m dizzy from all the scripture references and context examination presented here!
Wow! Jag är yr från alla skriftställehänvisningarna och kontext undersökning presenteras här!